At Infinite Risk, we specialize in commercial insurance for the transportation industry, specifically last mile delivery contractors and ISPs.
The commercial transportation industry covers a lot of ground—and air and water. With constant movement of large-scale vehicles comes constant large-scale risks. Transportation owners have so many logistics to take care of and need to work with insurance professionals who have specialty knowledge of their specific industry.
What should transportation companies consider when choosing insurance protection?
Precious lives and millions of dollars of cargo move across the country daily. Whether it’s a boat full of cargo, a school bus carrying students or a long-haul truck, one wrong turn and it’s stopped.
Coverage considerations include:
- Workers Compensation to cover injured employees when they are hurt on the job
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance, or EPLI to protect you against wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour claims
- Coverage for physical damage to a vehicle whether it happened in an accident, during a natural disaster or at the hands of a thief.
- Protection for the cargo being transported damaged by an accident, theft or equipment failure.
- Occupational accident insurance to help protect the most important asset – the person who moves the vehicles.